Crystalens® Implants Provide a Full Range of Vision Benefits
Crystalens® implants offered at our Northglenn, CO, practice provide a full range of vision benefits to patients with glaucoma and cataracts. A popular, widely-used brand of premium intraocular lenses, Crystalens® implants were among the first accommodating lenses approved by the FDA to improve vision. Most patients notice improved vision at all distances after treatment. Dr. Montgomery and the team at Montgomery Eye Care offer state-of-the-art technology and a high standard of excellence to provide patients with better vision and an improved quality of life.
As a type of intraocular lens (IOL), Crystalens® implants are able to improve vision by replacing the eye’s natural lens. Impaired vision often caused by glaucoma and cataracts are a natural part of the aging process in patients 60 years and older, but can also affect younger patients who have a genetic predisposition. Patients with these eye conditions may experience sensitivity to light, poor night vision, as well as cloudy, blurry, and distorted vision.
During glaucoma or cataract surgery, Dr. Montgomery will use the advanced LenSx® laser to remove the damaged natural lens and replace it with an artificial intraocular lens. Crystalens® implants are accommodating intraocular lenses, designed to move with the eye’s natural movements, which provide the closest solution to natural lens replacement.
After the procedure, most patients are able to enjoy clear, 20/20 vision, minimizing the need for eyeglasses and contact lenses.
These flexible lenses can focus effortlessly between near, far, and midrange vision. After the procedure, most patients are able to enjoy clear, 20/20 vision, minimizing the need for eyeglasses and contact lenses.
Crystalens® Implant Procedure
During your initial consultation, Dr. Montgomery will perform a series of tests to determine your candidacy, as well as carefully review the preoperative and postoperative instructions with you to ensure you achieve optimum results.
This commonly performed surgery is both safe and effective. Placement of the lenses generally takes about 20 minutes, and patients can return to work and other daily activities in about two to three days. The placement procedure involves the following steps:
- Eye Preparation: Dr. Montgomery will prepare your eye with medicated, numbing eye drops to provide optimal comfort throughout the procedure.
- Incisions: He will use femtosecond laser technology, calibrated with a digital map of your eye, to create a tiny incision, in order to gently remove the damaged lens.
- Crystalens® Placement: Dr. Montgomery will then carefully insert the Crystalens® implant and place a protective shield over your eye. You will be given medicated eye drops to administer over the next week to promote quick healing. By following your postoperative instructions and attending your required follow-up appointments, you can expect to return to normal daily activities in about two to three days.
Benefits of Crystalens®
Although you will notice immediate results, it could take up to six months before your vision is completely restored. Patients who undergo this procedure are able to enjoy a wide range of benefits, including:
- Improved vision at all distances
- Enhanced night vision
- Less expenses on eyeglasses and contacts
- Enjoyment of reading, sports, and other hobbies and activities
- Improved self-confidence and quality of life
- Permanent results
Repair Your Vision Today
If you are considering intraocular lenses to treat the effects of cataracts and glaucoma, you may enjoy the benefits that Crystalens® implants can deliver. Contact our staff today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Montgomery.
"My friend referred me to Dr. Montgomery who was VERY patient, and determined I had a virus, complicated by dry eye. I have been working with him for over about two years now, and my eye is MUCH better under his very professional care. If you have an ongoing problem, or just need a good eye doc, I highly recommend him."Review From ratemds.com