Reverse the Effects of Vision Loss with Intraocular Lenses
Intraocular lenses at our Northglenn, CO, practice are used in cases of glaucoma and myopia treatment to significantly improve vision. At Montgomery Eye Care, we can use implantable intraocular lenses, also known as IOLs, to replace the eye’s natural lenses when they have been damaged. Once the procedure is complete, many patients are able to experience 20/20 vision without the use of eyeglasses or contact lenses. Dr. Montgomery and his team enjoy providing individualized treatment with an emphasis on advanced technologies.
What Are Intraocular Lenses?
Intraocular lenses, also known as IOLs, provide patients suffering from the effects of nearsightedness, farsightedness, cataracts, and glaucoma a way to improve their vision. As natural lenses become misshaped and cloudy with age or genetics, they can cause blurriness, eyestrain, and distorted vision, especially when driving at night. If treatment is provided in a timely manner, IOLs can prevent patients with glaucoma from completely losing their vision.
We provide a wide range of premium intraocular lenses that will mimic the movement and abilities of your natural lens.
At Montgomery Eye Care, we provide a wide range of premium intraocular lenses that will mimic the movement and abilities of your natural lens. During your consultation, our team will determine the strength and type best suited to meet your visual needs through a series of tests and measurements. With laser-assisted surgery, Dr. Montgomery will remove your natural lens and carefully implant the IOL.
Procedure: What to Expect
Once candidacy has been determined and preoperative and postoperative instructions have been discussed, Dr. Montgomery will schedule your intraocular lens placement procedure. This procedure can be performed in a few simple steps, and in as little as 30 minutes:
- Anesthesia: Dr. Montgomery will numb your eye with medicated eye drops to ensure you are as comfortable as possible throughout the entire procedure.
- Incisions: Using advanced femtosecond laser technology calibrated with a digital map of your eye, small incisions will be made to gently remove the natural lens.
- IOL Placement: Once the natural lens is removed, an intraocular lens will be implanted. In addition to restoring your vision, this safe and effective surgery produces optimal results and a quick recovery.
- Recovery: A protective shield will be placed over your eye and you will be given medicated eye drops to administer over the next week. Patients should follow postoperative instructions and attend all follow-up appointments.
Benefits of Intraocular Lenses
Although most patients notice improved vision within 24 hours, it may take up to six months before you reach complete vision correction. Patients should engage in a variety of activities, such as reading, watching TV, focus training, and computer use to retrain the eyes and brain with the new lenses.
- Prevent vision loss
- Reduce the need for glasses and contact lenses
- Improve quality of life
- Enjoy sports, driving, and other activities
Your IOL Consultation
If you are considering options to treat glaucoma or myopia, you can improve your vision with premium intraocular lenses. Contact our practice today to schedule your personal consultation with Dr. Montgomery.