Visian ICL Implants: An Effective Solution for Correcting Myopia
Visian ICL implants are an exciting treatment option offered at our Northglenn, CO, practice that can repair the eye’s natural lens to improve vision for patients with moderate to severe myopia (nearsightedness). Approved by the FDA, this implantable collamer lens (ICL) is permanently placed in front of the natural lens and designed to effortlessly work with your eye to restore vision and minimize the need for eyeglasses and contact lenses. At Montgomery Eye Care, our highly experienced team provides comprehensive care in a comfortable environment to ensure our patients are able to achieve better vision and improved quality of life.
What Are Visian ICL Implants?
Visian ICL implants are an implant collamer lens (ICL) designed to fit between the iris and natural lens. Due to their flexibility, Visian ICL implants can be easily inserted through tiny incisions and move effortlessly with the eye’s natural movement.
Visian ICL implants are flexible, foldable, and easily inserted through small incisions, which promote quick recovery and results.
Made from a combination of copolymer and collagen, this collamer lens improves myopia (nearsightedness) by bending the rays of light that travel through the natural lens to achieve clearer vision.
Compared to other ICLs, Visian ICL implants are flexible, foldable, and easily inserted through small incisions, which promote quick recovery and results. They are also biocompatible with UV protection, which provides a safe and effective treatment for restoring your vision.
Visian ICL Implant Procedure
Before your treatment, Dr. Montgomery will perform a thorough eye exam with a series of tests to determine if you are a good candidate. He will also take the time to address any concerns you may have and review the preoperative and postoperative instructions to help you optimize your recovery and results.
Two to three weeks before your procedure, we will administer numbing drops and make two small incisions in your iris to ensure there is a proper flow of fluid for your ICL placement.
The ICL placement procedure can be completed in about 20 to 30 minutes:
- Anesthesia: We will first administer medicated eye drops to anesthetize your eyes.
- Incisions: We will then use laser technology to make a small incision in the base of your cornea.
- Lens Insertion: After the incision has been made, we will insert the flexible Visian ICL lens in front of your natural lens and position it, ensuring proper placement.
- Recovery: Almost immediately you will notice improved vision. Dr. Montgomery will administer another round of medicated eye drops to prevent infection, and will send you home with detailed instructions to ensure a smooth recovery. You will need to have someone drive you to and from the procedure. Most patients can return to their normal activities within a few days.
Benefits of Visian ICL Implants
Patients who undergo Visian ICL implant surgery enjoy a wide range of benefits, including:
- Improved day and night vision
- Long-lasting results
- Minimally invasive treatment and quick recovery
- No dry eye symptoms
- Natural lens enhancement that moves effortlessly
- UV protection
Schedule Your Consultation
If you are looking for a solution to nearsightedness, contact our practice today to schedule your one-on-one consultation with Dr. Montgomery. Visian ICL implant surgery may be the perfect solution for your myopia.